The success of any project, large or small, depends on well you manage it. How well you plan, how well you manage time, budget and resources, and how well you manage your stakeholders and your team along the way. To manage any kind of project well, you need to be an effective project manager. “Project Management Essentials” will provide you with a solid foundation for all of these skills.
Delivered online in Lao language over 4 x 2.5-hour modules, we’ll provide you with the key knowledge, skills and tools you need to manage any kind of project effectively, and the knowledge and tools to help you achieve success in any project. The 4 modules are delivered weekly and cover:
Module 1: The 5 phases of every project
- What is project management and what a successful project achieves.
- The skills and characteristics of the best project managers.
- The 3 cornerstones and 5 phases of very project.
- Why estimation is difficult and how to make better estimates.
- The iron triangle of project management and the 3 constraints every project manager needs to consider.
Module 2: Project initiation and planning
- The challenges in project management and how to overcome them.
- Identifying stakeholders and stakeholder requirements.
- Defining project scope accurately.
- Project Charters, BOSCARDS – and how to know what your project needs.
- The key project planning tools every project manager needs to master.
- Budgeting and budget estimates.
Module 3: Managing Stakeholders and Teams
- Planning for project quality.
- Logframes and Monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Tools and techniques for resource planning.
- Planning for project communication.
- Kicking off the project with the team.
- Techniques for successful project execution.
Module 4: Delivering a Successful Project
- Using stakeholder mapping to manage stakeholders effectively.
- Managing a project from beginning to end.
- A simple technique for better decision-making.
- Strategies for project handover and closure.
- The 5 steps in identifying and applying lessons learned.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the key phases of a project and what needs to happen in each one;
- Apply project management techniques to gain better control of time, budget, risk and quality in projects of all kinds;
- Use key project management tools, including Gantt Chart, Work Breakdown Structure, BOSCARD, Logframe, and RACI Matrix;
- Manage stakeholders and teams effectively throughout the project;
- Follow key closing steps including handover, reporting and capturing lessons learned.
Who should attend:
- Anyone leading or managing projects of any kind in the private sector, government or NGOs.
- mSME owners who want to deliver better project results for their businesses.
Register at this link: https://app.glueup.com/event/project-management-essentials-58877/
Start Date: Tuesday, September 0609:00
End Date: Tuesday, September 2709:00
Price: Member: 500,000LAK and Non-member: 650,000LAK